Thursday, February 19, 2009
Rockin' White Trash Bash!
Michael and I both have February birthdays, and we've been wanting to have a White Trash themed party, so we threw our own WT bash. It pretty much butt-rocked. Hot Dang! Ollie, our cake-friend expert made us the most amazing trailer cake, complete with Christmas lights, a free kittens sign, cinder blocks with weeds growing up, the mailbox propped in tires, rickety stairs, broken lattice work, and a crooked TV antennae! The party had plenty of make-up, big hair, greasy food, Twinkies, mullets, acid wash, doilies, fake teeth, Nascar, a trashed front yard, a simmering bbq grill, 80's rock music, and Jerry Springer clips in the background. I sported big hair, fake tats, obnoxious make-up, light up heels, rockin' jeans, and a fake name (Trixie Bell). Everyone got a special name for the party. Think Earlene, Cletus, Bobbie Jean, Cooter, Pervis, etc... . Mike sported a wife beater, another shirt with eagles, nasty facial hair, and bleached pants. Lacie had huge groupie hair, heavy makeup, a hot pink animal print tank, and overalls. Dave came with a mullet, a tight t-shirt, and droopy shorts with King of the Hill boxers exposed. Emily took the time to Bedazzle a rockin jean vest. She wore a jean skirt, tights, leg warmers, a high pony tail, and colorific make-up. Mike D. sported a polyester green leisure suit, a mullet, and fake teeth. Ollie ripped up some tights for her armwear, wore an off the shoulder sweatshirt, had loads of make-up, and rocked a hot pink sash. Joe rocked a shirt that said "Mom likes me best" and detailed the outfit with his Nascar hat. Elisha showed off her prego belly for the first time with a tight shirt and propped a ponytail on the tip top of her head. Oh, and we can't forget Andrew's braided rattail made out of a lock of Elisha's hair. He also had a crazy shaved beard and a mechanic shirt with his name on it. Melissa showed up with HUGE hair, and for the record, it's real. She also had fancy blue eye-shadow like most of the other girls. Kev had a nice mullet, crazy facial hair, and flannel shirt with the sleeves ripped off. Brittany wore a shirt that showed her "belly" and could fly away with those wings in her hair. We had awards, raffles, and contests (Hostess eating, arm wresting). We even had an impromtu harmonica jammin ho down, thank you Mike D. We assigned everyone a humorous conviction and took mug shots. Then we moved on to glamour shots with an bling bling back drop. Everybody stayed amazingly in their white trash persona. Especially Michael. He got me wondering if he's "acting" normal on a daily basis and his white trash character wasn't a charade at all! We laughed pretty darn hard for drinking IBC's! Check out the bash with our don't forget to click the arrow next to the pics for more. You can also make them bigger by clicking them, and its probably worth your time. Yee-haw!
A peek into our window
- Quincy says "Where's Avy? I dunno." She talks sooo much and she's so small (5th percentile) that is seems like she shouldn't be talking at all.
- She roams wildly during church and has become quite the scavenger approaching anyone with food. Its embarrasingly adorable!
- Quincy's vocab has exploded to include the words, "please, thank you, outside, sucker, candy, Avery, Grandpa, slide, ride, hold you, ni-night, water, bird, doggie, airplane, etc.....! She seems so little!
- One of the most "wow" things she has done is climb one of those HUGE blow-up slides and slide down REPEATEDLY, ALL BY HERSELF!!!
- Quincy (with great effort) threw the upper couch cushions on the floor and then proceeded to dive off couch, climb back up, repeat.
- She says"I want: cookie, go, this, that, drink, wa-wa, play." She also says no, baby, hello, bye-bye, and peek-a-boo. And of course she says "Mom and Da."
- Quincy talks a lot now. But first thing in the day and then 100 more times: "I want coo-kie." Very telling about her love affair with food.
- A day after being educated, Avery pulled down his pants and touched his boyhood saying, "Hey Grandma, these are my private parts." HA-larious!
- (After using the bathroom) "I made a waterfall. Then I made it stop."
- "Hey Dad. This is my [invisible] friend Caillou. Will you be a monster and scare us?"
- "Grandpa, what's in your belly?" says Avery. Mom says, "What do you think is in there?" "A baby?" guesses Avery. "Nope. Just lots of cherries," says Grandpa Schaefer. HAH!
- Quincy was crying in the middle of the night and Avery said, "Take a deep breath, Quincy." It was sweet.
- Quincy was screaming like a pterodactyl for Avery's food, so he snapped "Chill Out Quincy!"
- In Avery's first attempt at being a smart-a, he was playing with his friend Jaden Knight and we were asking the boys their full names. Avery responded that his name was Avery James Day. Might have had to be there.
- Avery still tries to stick his hand down my shirt. When I won't let him, he occasionally asks if he can stick his foot down my shirt instead.
- I told Avery that Heavenly Father lived in heaven. He thought I said he lived 'with Kevin', so in alarm he asked, "With Kevin and Melissa?!!!"
- Avery was out cold and we had to go. It was odd how I couldn't wake him, so I threw him over my shoulder and started heading out. All of the sudden with startling gusto, he yelled "I see Jesus." I thought he was a visionary, but turns out he woke up just as I walked past a picture of Christ.