What happened to my sweet little girl???? She's as stubborn as she is smart-which is a personality trait we can't imagine having in the Schaefer household. And for the past two days, she has gotten herself into some "messes". So I walked into her room when I heard her awake in the morning, and I see her diaper on the floor and her shirt in a half off twisted mess. But assaulting my senses was the ominous smell of POO. I cautiously approach the crip, hoping my nose has betrayed me, but I do know poo, and there it was-- a couple brown treats smeared on the sheets. WHY??? WHY WHY WHY??????
The very next day, I gave her a piece of chocolate. She wanted more. I declined. Well, she's a persistent little gal. She found a grocery bag housing a poopy diaper and she pulled out a small chocolate football inside. Seriously. She brought it up to me with a disgusted look on her face. I had no idea what was transpiring, so I examined the mysterious brown ball closely. CRAP! It was a ball of crap! And it had her teeth marks in it!!!! WHY?????
Within a couple hours, she had once again pulled off a diaper, this time with poo in it and rubbed her poo-bum on the floor! WHYYYYYYYY?????????
Please don't be indicative of the days to come. Please don't indicative of the days to come. Please don't be indicative of the days to come.
Come back to me my sweet easy innocent attitude-less girl! Come back. Eh, at least she'll have her good looks and genius to get her through life. Even if she has a poo obsession.
A peek into our window
- Quincy says "Where's Avy? I dunno." She talks sooo much and she's so small (5th percentile) that is seems like she shouldn't be talking at all.
- She roams wildly during church and has become quite the scavenger approaching anyone with food. Its embarrasingly adorable!
- Quincy's vocab has exploded to include the words, "please, thank you, outside, sucker, candy, Avery, Grandpa, slide, ride, hold you, ni-night, water, bird, doggie, airplane, etc.....! She seems so little!
- One of the most "wow" things she has done is climb one of those HUGE blow-up slides and slide down REPEATEDLY, ALL BY HERSELF!!!
- Quincy (with great effort) threw the upper couch cushions on the floor and then proceeded to dive off couch, climb back up, repeat.
- She says"I want: cookie, go, this, that, drink, wa-wa, play." She also says no, baby, hello, bye-bye, and peek-a-boo. And of course she says "Mom and Da."
- Quincy talks a lot now. But first thing in the day and then 100 more times: "I want coo-kie." Very telling about her love affair with food.
- A day after being educated, Avery pulled down his pants and touched his boyhood saying, "Hey Grandma, these are my private parts." HA-larious!
- (After using the bathroom) "I made a waterfall. Then I made it stop."
- "Hey Dad. This is my [invisible] friend Caillou. Will you be a monster and scare us?"
- "Grandpa, what's in your belly?" says Avery. Mom says, "What do you think is in there?" "A baby?" guesses Avery. "Nope. Just lots of cherries," says Grandpa Schaefer. HAH!
- Quincy was crying in the middle of the night and Avery said, "Take a deep breath, Quincy." It was sweet.
- Quincy was screaming like a pterodactyl for Avery's food, so he snapped "Chill Out Quincy!"
- In Avery's first attempt at being a smart-a, he was playing with his friend Jaden Knight and we were asking the boys their full names. Avery responded that his name was Avery James Day. Might have had to be there.
- Avery still tries to stick his hand down my shirt. When I won't let him, he occasionally asks if he can stick his foot down my shirt instead.
- I told Avery that Heavenly Father lived in heaven. He thought I said he lived 'with Kevin', so in alarm he asked, "With Kevin and Melissa?!!!"
- Avery was out cold and we had to go. It was odd how I couldn't wake him, so I threw him over my shoulder and started heading out. All of the sudden with startling gusto, he yelled "I see Jesus." I thought he was a visionary, but turns out he woke up just as I walked past a picture of Christ.