Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All I have to do is DREAM, DREAM, DREAM

I have been urged by some friends and family to blog more. 'Bout what, though? Well, lets talk about my dream world. In no particular order, I give you, kind folks, an abbreviated list of some of the loveliness I plan to attain!
1. I'm thin and fit. Phew! What a struggle THAT's been, for the last 3 years especially. SOMETHING in my body has changed dramatically. Screw age! Damn genetics! Curses to weird bodily ailments and mysteries! But I've got a new resolve and I'm gonna make something happen! I might have to work out twice as hard and eat half as much as normal folk, but if that's what I have to do, I'll do it!!! (Now watch me get pregnant finally.)
2. I live in a pretty house in the country. That's new for me. I've always been a city girl b/c I like consumer-ing so very much. But, I have discovered that I want a quiet peace away from too many neighbors. I don't want to keep up with Jones' either. I want to feel safe and let my kids run outside all day. And I want that house to be modest. Crisp, classic, and average.
3. I'm rich. LOAD-ED. But no one knows it. I'm able to give and give and give, mostly anonymously. So we live in a well-kept medium size house, have a couple almost new cars, employ a bit of help in the house and yard, and travel all over the world. Even our children are not aware of our wealth, and will not be excessively spoiled. Oh, and Michael doesn't have to work long hours since he pays other people (generously) to do his bidding.
4. My parents live RIGHT next door. My dad and I garden together. My kids run between houses as they please. We see Michael's side of the family more b/c we don't have to travel to see my folks. My mom and I cook all natural, organic-y meals together. And we exercise together. And of course shop together. I work on their feet to keep them in the best of health. Michael and I even get to go on the occasional date (EVEN OVERNIGHT) b/c we have 2 fabulous sitters next door. Okay, one fabulous one. Dad needs some coaching there.
5. We have 4-6 kids. Or maybe more. Because it's dream world and our kids are swell and we're ridiculously marvelous parents. So we have loads of fun, witty, smart, gorgeous, loving, helpful, healthy, faithful, obedient children. We eat meals together, vacation together, worship together, and laugh all the day long. My kids are over-achievers, but are not over-scheduled. Loads of friends think of our house as their second home b/c we keep an open door to all (ish).
That's enough dreaming for now. As if I'm a child, I naively believe the world can be mine. Stay tuned. You'll see.

10 comments:

David and Shayla said...

That is brilliant. I'm going to write a dream list. You have a way Summer, of puting things perfectly.

Brimaca said...

Hey you stole my dreams! Other than my parents next door. That's a little too close for me. More like two or three hours away instead of 17.

Summer's World said...

Thanks Shayla! Make a dream list! It's so fun! We miss you in this neck of the woods :)
'Brimaca'-I probably stole a lot of people's dreams, huh. Notice I'm blogging more. Thanks for the push!

Sarah said...

LOVe that you finally blogged!!! You are hilarious, and I KNOW all of your dreams can come true!! :)

tawnya said...

1. Of course you will. Of course.

3. I'm working on this for me...because DUDE. Have the house, now everything else should follow, right?

4. Wanna come garden with me next year? I know it's not your parents, but it's something...

Foot appt. Next month?

Summer's World said...

Sarah-Thanks! I sure hope so! :) And I'm going to try to join the blogging world more regularly. We'll see how long that lasts!
T-Thanks for the vote of confidence! You are about right on the cusp of much of my dream world! And, yes, garden next year, and double yes-Feet, of course, anytime you'd like!

The Robbins said...

Love the list! You need to find out how to become a popular, regular blogger that Everyone reads and you can get paid just to blog about life. You are definetely a great writer and have the perfect personality for it. I already read a few blogs like that, and I think yours is every bit as entertaining as the others, or better! I think you have a gift. Ok, have I gone off on that for long enough yet? :)

Christina Bond said...

I knew there was a reason we've been friends for 18 years. We have the same dream life. Good luck! If anyone deserves to get it, you do.

Emily said...

Seriously, my dreams. And that I can pick all my neighbors, you being one of them (of course)! I've slacked on reading blogs (and gave up on you writing them), so was excited to read :). Pure entertainment reading for me, but made me miss ya. how many years til I get to see you again?

Emily said...

Seriously, my dreams. And that I can pick all my neighbors, you being one of them (of course)! I've slacked on reading blogs (and gave up on you writing them), so was excited to read :). Pure entertainment reading for me, but made me miss ya. how many years til I get to see you again?

About Me

My photo
Logan, UT
So I used to think... I used to think it was my world. Maybe Michael thought it was his. But we have been re-educated. By a 4 year old and a 2 year old. It's their world. We live in it.

A peek into our window

Birth of Child #1

Birth of Child #1
He looked like a blue alien. Luckily it didn't stick. And thank goodness we didn't go with Michael's idea to name him based on what he looked like.

Birth of Child #2

Birth of Child #2
Much less eventful, thank goodness! She was born with red hair and 2 teeth... and skin colored skin!

Quincalicious!

  • Quincy says "Where's Avy? I dunno." She talks sooo much and she's so small (5th percentile) that is seems like she shouldn't be talking at all.
  • She roams wildly during church and has become quite the scavenger approaching anyone with food. Its embarrasingly adorable!
  • Quincy's vocab has exploded to include the words, "please, thank you, outside, sucker, candy, Avery, Grandpa, slide, ride, hold you, ni-night, water, bird, doggie, airplane, etc.....! She seems so little!
  • One of the most "wow" things she has done is climb one of those HUGE blow-up slides and slide down REPEATEDLY, ALL BY HERSELF!!!
  • Quincy (with great effort) threw the upper couch cushions on the floor and then proceeded to dive off couch, climb back up, repeat.
  • She says"I want: cookie, go, this, that, drink, wa-wa, play." She also says no, baby, hello, bye-bye, and peek-a-boo. And of course she says "Mom and Da."
  • Quincy talks a lot now. But first thing in the day and then 100 more times: "I want coo-kie." Very telling about her love affair with food.

AVERYISMS

  • A day after being educated, Avery pulled down his pants and touched his boyhood saying, "Hey Grandma, these are my private parts." HA-larious!
  • (After using the bathroom) "I made a waterfall. Then I made it stop."
  • "Hey Dad. This is my [invisible] friend Caillou. Will you be a monster and scare us?"
  • "Grandpa, what's in your belly?" says Avery. Mom says, "What do you think is in there?" "A baby?" guesses Avery. "Nope. Just lots of cherries," says Grandpa Schaefer. HAH!
  • Quincy was crying in the middle of the night and Avery said, "Take a deep breath, Quincy." It was sweet.
  • Quincy was screaming like a pterodactyl for Avery's food, so he snapped "Chill Out Quincy!"
  • In Avery's first attempt at being a smart-a, he was playing with his friend Jaden Knight and we were asking the boys their full names. Avery responded that his name was Avery James Day. Might have had to be there.
  • Avery still tries to stick his hand down my shirt. When I won't let him, he occasionally asks if he can stick his foot down my shirt instead.
  • I told Avery that Heavenly Father lived in heaven. He thought I said he lived 'with Kevin', so in alarm he asked, "With Kevin and Melissa?!!!"
  • Avery was out cold and we had to go. It was odd how I couldn't wake him, so I threw him over my shoulder and started heading out. All of the sudden with startling gusto, he yelled "I see Jesus." I thought he was a visionary, but turns out he woke up just as I walked past a picture of Christ.